Pages

marquee#f72828

......... SEND US YOUR NEWS FROM THE AFRICAN WOMEN'S SOCCER WORLD....womenssoccerafrica@gmail.com..... ......

Thursday, September 20, 2012

KIKELOMO AJAYI WANTS SUPER FALCONS RECALL

Former captain of the Nigeria national team, Kikelomo Ajayi is eager to make a return to the Super Falcons nest.
The 35-year-old left back who currently plays professional football in Poland with Pogon Szczecin believes her wealth of experience would help the team go "through its current difficult period."

“I am still very strong and active and have been doing very well for my club here in Poland,” Ajayi told supersport.com.

The former Bayelsa Queens' captain said she was pained to see Nigeria’s Super Falcons, the biggest force in African women’s football fail to qualify for the 2011 All Africa Games (AAG) and the football event of the 2012
Olympics in London.

“The Super Falcons is going through a difficult period right now and I believe players like me who have recorded success at the very highest level can help the team reclaim its lost glory,” she said.

Quizzed over her age and asked whether she could still cut it at international level, the skillful defender said age is never a factor in selecting players for the national team.

“The most important thing is a player’s fitness. If a player is fit and can play competitively, the age is immaterial.
“Severally, I have been voted the best foreign player in the Polish female league. I am one of the most important players at my club. Besides, there are several players

who started out with the Nigerian national team before I made my debut and they are still playing (for the Super Falcons).

“I believe I am still on top of my game and would be delighted to get a recall to the Falcons,” she explained.

No comments:

Post a Comment