Pages

marquee#f72828

......... SEND US YOUR NEWS FROM THE AFRICAN WOMEN'S SOCCER WORLD....womenssoccerafrica@gmail.com..... ......

Friday, January 27, 2012

Amari Cécile: "We will do better than in Abidjan"

Amari Cecilia

The Lady Elephants of the Ivory Coast will face the Lady Sily Nationals of Guinea on Sunday September 28 in  Conakry  in the second leg of the preliminary round of the 2012 African Women's Championship. The Elephants attacking machinery has been strengthened with the arrival of Amari Cecilia, who joins the team from Ainharoda Raja of Morocco. Amari Cecilia gave a brief interview upon her arrival.




You just arrived from Morocco for this important match against Guinea in Conakry. Tell us how you feel in regards to your addition to the team.




A.C- It is with great happiness that I found my friends in the national team.  I have acclimatized with the team and it is a great feeling.I am very happy to be part of the group and hopefully i will contribute to the team winning against Guinea on Sunday. I thank the coach Toure Clementine who trusted me. Regarding the match, I prefer not to comment too much risk reveal everything. But one thing is certain, it will not be easy for the Guineans even if they play at home. For my part, I'm here to help the Lady Elephants .




Why did not you answer the nation's call for the first leg in Abidjan?




A.C-I should mention that  Coach Tours Clementine has kept in touch with me after I left Morocco. She called me several times and we talked about joining the team but giving the fact that I had to adjust a few things with my new club, I could not answer the call.Now that everything is completed, I am here to give my all for the team. I apologize to everyone including my teammates.




Having arrived in the absence of Dean Bancouly Rachel  due to illness. DO you think this will affect the team ?




A.C-Bancouly Rachel is a great player, a critical piece of our team but God knows best. I wish her a speedy recovery also. I can assure you that her absence will be offset. My duty as a forward is to help our team advance. I came to prove a point in this game. I will do everything to give the best of myself. I would remind you all that we burn with desire to participate in our first AWC. We will not make mistakes in Conakry.




Do you habor any fears about the Guineabs as they have home advantage ?




A.C-Not at all. We respect them. But we are not afraid of them. I belive in our team. I think we will do even better than  the first leg in Abidjan.


Good luck to you and your team mates and thanks for your time.


A.C- thanks a lot and the pleasure is all mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment