Pages

marquee#f72828

......... SEND US YOUR NEWS FROM THE AFRICAN WOMEN'S SOCCER WORLD....womenssoccerafrica@gmail.com..... ......

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Patricia "Wagas" Ofori, Laid To Rest-Photos


Fans,friends,ex-internationals,current internationals of the Black Queens and well wishers paid their last respects to Ghana's Patricia Ofori on the 11th of June,2011 in Accra,Ghana. Although a sad occasion,mourners kept  Patiricia's warm spirit in their hearts and wore her smile on their faces as her mortal remains was laid to rest. A poem by Mary Elizabeth Frye aptly spells out what Patricia,affectionately called "Wagas" by her peers would have said.




Do not stand at my grave and weep 
I am not there. I do not sleep. 
I am a thousand winds that blow. 
I am the diamond glints on snow. 
I am the sunlight on ripened grain. 
I am the gentle autumn rain. 
When you awaken in the morning's hush 
I am the swift uplifting rush 
Of quiet birds in circled flight. 
I am the soft stars that shine at night. 
Do not stand at my grave and cry; 
I am not there. I did not die.
For those who were unable to attend the funeral of Patricia Ofori,here are a few of the photos taken.




The captain of Ghana's  men's senior national team John Mensah was among the sympathizers who came to say their final good byes.


REST IN PERFECT PEACE.

No comments:

Post a Comment